It is crazy to think about that I am now celebrating my 2nd anniversary at St Vincent Women's Hospital and working in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit there. I remember being so nervous about leaving my job at St Elizabeth in Lafayette and wondering if I could like St Vincent's as much?! It has turned out to be an amazing transition and I am so glad that I took that leap of faith.
I have absolutely loved the challenge of working with all the complicated neonates in our NICU. It is amazing to be part of that team that works each day to save lives. I have seen such a wide array of complex medical issues and gotten to be part of so many tiny miracles. I have enjoyed working with all the staff at St Vincent as well. The doctors are phenomenal, the nurses are super caring and all of the staff cares so much about what they do. I count myself lucky to be part of this amazing team.
So much as happened in the last 2 years since starting at St Vincent in the NICU ...
- We moved from Lebanon to Noblesville
- Chas quite working for the Boy Scouts and went to graduate school full time at Ball State
- Chas got a graduate assistantship to help pay for school
- I passed a test and became a Certified Specialist in Pediatrics (CSP)
- I also attended the Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management Training
- I launched this amazing website ... www.RDAnna.com
- Worked with social media and various news outlets in the greater Indianapolis area to share nutrition education with the community
It has been amazing and I am excited for what the future holds. It will be amazing to continue to be part of this team and get to learn so much more about neonatal nutrition.